Monday, March 15, 2010

Sweet tweets

I absolutely love Easter - well of course, what's not to love?! It is the only time of year you are allowed to eat copious amounts of chocolate for breakfast and not feel guilty about it! Or maybe that's just me... And let's not forget about the cute-factor! Bunnies, baby chicks, miniature eggs... and these little cupcakes are just bound to make you say  'Awwwwww! Cute!" ... wait for it....


... Told you so! :)

I know it's a little early to be writing a post about Easter but I simply couldn't resist getting egg-cited* about this time of year. You see, I'm hatching* a plan for an Easter egg hunt to surprise my friends - something I miss terribly since growing up and becoming all big and responsible and stuff. I was incredibly spoilt as a child, brought up on a farm with parents who had way too much free time on their hands ultimately led to us having a cracking* good time. The chocolate egg hunts that awaited my sister and I on Easter morning were quite spectacular. When we were very young, trails led the way... Rice for me, oats for her - which my mother and her vacuum cleaner didn't find impressive at all much to our delightful squeals of joy. And as we grew older my father's hiding places became more and more inventive. I remember finding an Easter egg 2 weeks after the time in a jar of peanut butter! So this year I'm going hopping* mad and will be reviving my childhood memories - cryptic clues, nests piled with chocolate eggs, baskets, soggy slippers (wet from the dewy grass) and all!

*and yes, I know... the Easter puns are bad... but I simply couldn't resist! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment